Monday, August 3, 2015

New Catalog Stamp Set - Convention 2015

I got home from Stampin' Up!'s convention last early last week.  I had such a wonderful time while I was there.  It is always so nice to catch up with demonstrator friends that I only see while at convention. I also really enjoy participating in organized swaps.  

One swap I participated in was for new stamps sets out of the Idea Book & Catalog.  There are so many fabulous new sets to choose from, I had a hard time deciding which set to use.  Which new set is your favorite?  

For this swap, I chose to use the hostess stamp set called Floral Wings.  I love this stamp set, and all the fun possibilities it has.  You can own this stamp set too, just by hosting a free workshop in your home, and having some fun crafty time with your friends!  Just send me a message, and I'd be happy to help you with that!
Here's the stamp set:



Here is the card I made:


I love how Cucumber Crush is such a bright green!  I think it really livens up the sometimes subdued Perfect Plum.  

I also wanted to share my 3 favorite cards I received in that swap.  I was very impressed with the workmanship these other demonstrators showed on their cards.  


The cards are not placed in any specific order.  

The top card features the gorgeous new Definitely Dahlia background stamp.  I love this stamp!  I also love how her card has only one color to it.  Our new Watermelon Wonder In Color is fabulous, especially when mixed with this stamp.  This card also features the new Elegant Dots embossing folder.  I would love to tell you who made this card, sadly - we were not allowed to put our names on these cards, and there was no other identifiers in the envelope.

On the bottom left - we have a beautiful strong colored Wonderful Wings card made by my friend Jackie Bowman.  I just love this woman.  She is so very kind, and funny.  Sadly, I only get to see her when she's causing trouble in the swap lines at convention.  (Our little joke..)  For her card, she also featured the new Fluttering Embossing folder, Sahara Sand Lace Trim, English Garden Designer Series Paper, Butterfly Thinlits, Bold Butterfly Framelits, and the Triple Banner Punch.

Last, but certainly not least is the Marina Mist card, done by Dawn Haskell.  Dawn's card also features English Garden Designer Series Paper.  I love how the paper coordinates so well together, but when used separately you can end up with totally different looks!  This card also uses the Garden in Bloom stamp set. I love that this stamp set has such a soft watercolor kind of look to it.  Dawn has also used the new Lots of Labels Framelits.

Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my swap cards!  I hope you have a fantastic day!!
~Nichole


Here are the supplies I used to make my card:

No comments:

Post a Comment