Wednesday, August 2, 2017

ICS Blog Hop - Knotty Ways


Welcome to the August Inspire, Create, & Share Blog Hop!  This month we are all focusing on knotty ways to use the amazing ribbons that we have available from Stampin' Up!  I love ribbon.  It really is one of my favorite things!

Here is my card:

I covered a whole piece of cardstock that is 3 3/4" x 5" with diagonal ribbon stripes.   This is the 1/2" Finely Woven Ribbon that comes in the beautiful new In Colors.  I have used Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist, and Tranquil Tide.

I stuck that onto a Basic Black mat, offset just a bit.  and then stuck that onto a Lemon Lime Twist card base offset the other way.  

I used some 1/8" Silver ribbon, with knots around the whole card front.  My greeting is from the Lovely Words thinlits cut out in Basic Black.  I ran the greeting thinlit through the big shot with an oval from the Stitched Shapes to give it a finished looking, bigger border.  I cut out an oval from the Layering Ovals framelits in Silver Glimmer paper to add behind my greeting.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you find lots of fun ways to use your ribbon in tonight's hop.  Next up is my good friend Darla, and I know she has something great to share!




12 comments:

  1. Great colors. Love the diagonal stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black is a stunning contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great technique and a beautiful card Nichole!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea and a fabulous way to use ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love the ribbon use! Clever! Thanks for hopping with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the use of the pretty ribbon on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful background, Nichole!! And the black stands out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card and wonderful design! Love the background with the diagonal stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How clever to cover the entire card in ribbon. Cute.

    ReplyDelete