Tuesday, January 16, 2018

International Highlights - Magical Day


Welcome to the January International Blog Highlight, hosted by Kylie Bertucci.  This month, demonstrators from all around the world are sharing some fun ideas with you that feature items from the new occasions catalog.

My project features the fun new Myths and Magic product suite found on pages 36 and 37 of the Occasions catalog.  I made an accordion fold card, and a matching box to put it in.

Here is my project.

The card is a little bulky when folded, and so it wouldn't fit well in a traditional envelope.  So, I made a castle box to put it in.  I won't be mailing this card - I'll hand deliver it.

Here is a close up of my card:

I wanted to feature each of the fun images in the stamp set.  So, I stamped each image with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, onto Thick Whisper White cardstock.  I used my Stampin' Blends to color them in, and then used the coordinating Magical Mates Framelits Dies.  All of my color suggestions came from my daughter.  I used my Large Letters Framelits to cut out the word happy using the 6" x 6" Myths and Magic Glimmer Paper pack.  The birthday comes from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set. 

Here is my card box:


I made my card box from the Lots to Love Framelits, also new in the Occasions Catalog.  I cut out the two needed card box pieces from Basic Grey, and then embossed them using the Brick Wall embossing folder.  I made my door using the Layering Oval framelits, Soft Suede, and Smoky Slate cardstock.  I embossed the Soft Suede oval with the Pinewood Plank embossing folder, and then added some Chocolate Chip ink to add some depth to the door.


Please go vote for my project on Kylie's blog!  The top ten demonstrators will all be participating in a blog hop in a couple weeks.  


Thanks so much for stopping by!
~Nichole



2 comments:

  1. Voted for you, Nichole! Yes, because you're my friend, but mainly because this is the cutest card in the whole bunch! And the castle envelope is such an inspired idea!

    ReplyDelete