Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Kylie Bertucci's International Highlights Top Ten Blog Hop



Hello there everyone!  Today, I am so excited to be participating in Kylie Bertucci's International Highlights Top Ten Blog Hop!  There is so much talent on this hop, it is quite the honor to be invited to participate.

A couple weeks ago, we had the International Blog Highlights, and our theme was Life Changes.  I made the baby card below.



For this hop, we are using the same theme, and this time I have chosen to make a retirement card.  Here is my card:


I started with a Thick Very Vanilla cardstock base.  I used a piece of designer series paper from the Painted Autumn pack for my background.  I cut an oval out of that with the Layering Oval Framelits. On a separate scrap of Very Vanilla, I used my Stampin' Write Markers to ink up and stamp the oak tree stamp from Lovely As A Tree.  I cut it out with a smaller oval framelit.  I also cut out an oval mat for the tree, out of Copper Foil Paper.  The copper, and the tree are glued down flat to the card base.  But, the designer series paper is popped up using the Foam Adhesive Strips.  For my greeting, I used an oldie, but a goodie from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, and punched it out with the Classic Label Punch.  I added some 1/4" Copper Trim to finish the card off.

Please be sure to hop around, and see all of the lovely creations.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
~Nichole


Product List

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Nichole ... I haven't seen this particular tree look quite so stunning. The touches of copper are brilliant and give the card a really luxuriant feel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. the tree is stunning! And can you ever go wrong with touches of copper?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's already been said Nichole but it bears repeating.... that is one beautiful tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What delightful tree, Nichole! It's wonderful the way you colored it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card Nichole. Love how you've created the autumn look on your tree with markers.

    ReplyDelete