Monday, November 20, 2017

SSInkspiration: Technique Challenge - Eclipse Cards

Hey there everyone!  Today we are starting a new challenge over at Stylin' Stampin' Inkspiration.  This time, it is a technique challege : Eclipse Cards.

I had never made an Eclipse Cards are super popular right now, but I had never made one before this challenge came up on my "to do" list.  I chose to use the Night in Bethlehem bundle, featured on page 26 of the Holiday Catalog.  This is one of my favorite bundles, ever!

Here is my card:


I decided to go with a very natural / neutral color scheme for my card.  My rolling city was done in Crumb Cake, inked once and stamped three times.  My star, and people were stamped in Soft Suede.  When I was done stamping, I used my Large Letter framelits to cut out the word JOY.  I matted my Very Vanilla cardstock with Crumb Cake before putting it on a Soft Suede card base.  I put my letters back in the holes using Foam Adhesive Strips.  Then,  I used some Very Vanilla baker's twine for my embellishment, and used the tie ends to make a tassel with a little bit of lace and linen thread.   I also accented my letters with some clear Wink of Stella. 

Be sure to head over to Stylin' Stampin' Inkspiration and check out what the other design team members made, and enter our challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
~Nichole





Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment