Tuesday, November 14, 2017

November International Blog Hightlight


Hello everyone!  It is time for another International Blog Highlight with Kylie Bertucci.  These highlights are always a lot of fun for me, and really stretch my creativity.  This month, Kylie and her husband are celebrating their wedding anniversary, and so our theme is "Love".  I decided to make a wood paneled bridge card for the challenge.

Here is my card.

I love this card.  It came together pretty quickly, and it'll be the perfect pick me up or reminder for any loved one in your life.  When I was at OnStage in Salt Lake City last week, I received a swap card that had this shiplap look to the background.  I decided I wanted to try it on my own.  I cut the base for my bridge card, and then cut an adhesive sheet to the same size.  I cut many pieces of Wood Textures Designer Series Paper to 3/4" x 3" and started laying them onto my sticky Whisper White cardstock.  After I had covered the whole thing, I used my Paper Snips to trim around the edges.


Here is a closer view of the words.  I used Versamark and Copper Embossing Powder for both greetings.


I just learned how to make this fun metallic accent while Shelli was presenting during OnStage.  I poured a pile of Copper Embossing powder onto my Silicone Mat, and heated it with heat tool from underneath.  Then, when all the powder was melted I took a heart stamp from Tabs for Everything and pressed it in.  When the powder was cool, I cut it into a circle (ish) shape.  It was very easy, and very fun!  I love this new way of adding another element to my projects.

That is all I have to share for today!  I would be so honored if you went over to Kylie's blog and voted for my project!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
~Nichole





Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00

No comments:

Post a Comment