Monday, December 26, 2016

SSInk Technique Challenge - Masking

Hello everyone!  I hope you had a great Christmas!  It is Monday, and that means another great challenge from Stylin' Stampin' Inkspiration!

Today, we have a Technique Challenge for you.  We are Masking.  I love masking.  The ability to make rows of images, without overlapping them, or making them muddy just makes me happy. 

Here is my card:

I *love* the Jar of Cheer stamp set from the Holiday Catalog - and am very sad that it is retiring.  I knew I needed to use it at least one more time.  So today, I am sharing a winter birthday card.  

I started by Stamping the middle jar, and the snowman insde the jar.  I used the coordinating Everyday Jar framelits to cut out a jar using a post it note.  I used that cut post it note to cover the jar I stamped, and then stamped a second and third jar on either side of the first.  I also stamped the two trees while the middle jar was covered with the post it note.  I did the same thing to make the two outer jars.

Once the jars were stamped, I used my Tempting Turquoise Stampin' Write Marker to color in the hat, and part of the scarf on the snowman.  I also use the Pumpkin Pie marker to color his nose.



You can see in this second picture that I used Clear Wink of Stella to add some snow to my green trees, and also to the pile of snow that the snowman sits on.

I hope you'll join us for this fun challenge, over at SSInkspiration!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
~Nichole



Product List

1 comment:

  1. Love your card, Nichole! Great idea to turn the jars upside down! And it's a perfect card for the masking technique!

    ReplyDelete