Friday, July 21, 2017

Favorite Punch - Pretty Label Punch

Hello everyone!  I hope you have had a good week!  I am super excited for the weekend, because tomorrow my son comes home.  He has been gone for two weeks, and this Momma has been missing him like crazy!  But, I am also so happy that he gets to have these adventures.

Today over at Stylin' Stampin' Inkspiration we are showing of the fabulous punches that Stampin' Up! has to offer.  I chose to showcase the Pretty Label Punch.

Here is my card:


I punched out 13 pretty labels from the Petal Garden Designer Series Paper and used them to create a background on my Thick Whisper White card base.  Once I had all of the punches glued down, I ran the base through the Big Shot to emboss it with the new Layered Leaves 3D Dynamic Embossing Folder.  For my greeting I used the small rose stamp from the Graceful Garden stamp set, and inked it up with the Sweet Sugar Plum and Old Olive markers.  I stamped the image off once on my grid paper, and then onto my Whisper White card stock.  The words are from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set, inked up in Basic Black Archival ink.  I punched out the greeting with the Pretty Label punch.  I wanted my greeting to stand out, so I made a Basic Black border for my greeting.  I punched out two Pretty Labels with Basic Black cardstock.  I cut one in half horizontally, and cut the other in half vertically.  I decided how much I wanted the black to stick out, and glue the pieces down.  When I make mats like this, I'll glue both horizontal (or vertical) down first, and then glue both pieces from the other cut down.  I popped my greeting piece up with some Stampin' Dimensionals, over the 1/8" Sheer Ribbon in Whisper White.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Be sure to head on over to the Stylin' Stampin' Inkspiration blog to see what the other Design Team members are doing with their punches.
I hope you have a great weekend!
~Nichole

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card & great way to use that punch!! I'm planning on CASE-ing your idea for a class soon! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is really, really pretty and a great way to combine the punch, DSP and embossing folder! I'm looking for one more card for my next class, and a version of this just may be it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Layered leaved dynamic embossing folder has got to be my most favorite new catalog product! I love the way you have put it to use here on this card with the punch challenge. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card! What an awesome technique using punches w dsp!

    ReplyDelete