Wednesday, June 7, 2017

ICS Blog Hop - It's a Guy Thing



Hello everyone!
Welcome to the Inspire, Create, Share Blog Hop for the month of June!  The new Stampin' Up! annual catalog just launched a week ago.  Have you seen it yet?  Don't you just love it!?!?!


This month for our blog hop we are all featuring masculine cards.  Masculine cards are always the hardest for me.  But, this one came together pretty quickly.

I was excited to see that Masculine is also the theme for the Stamps, Ink, Paper challenge this week.  I have entered my card for their challenge too.



Here is my card:

I have used the new Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack for my background.  I am so happy to have realistic wood grain patterned paper!  The 6x6 size is perfect for cards or memory keeping, and $10 for 48 sheets is a great deal!

I used Crumb Cake for my card base, cut at 4 1/4" x 11", and scored at 5 1/2".  My Wood Textures Designer Series Paper is 4" x 5 1/4".  I also used a 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" Early Espresso mat.  

I stamped my number and letters in Early Espresso, onto Crumb Cake Cardstock and cut them out with their coordinating framelits.  The number abbreviation was punched out with the 3/4" circle punch.  I had not noticed until now that the Stampin' Dimensionals are a bit thinner than the Foam Adhesive Strips.  I like having the two different heights for dimension.


On my Always Artichoke strip, I embossed it using the Hexagon Dynamic embossing folder.  I love the deep impressions given when using the Dynamic folders.  I was so excited to see there are three new folders in this style in the new catalog.  I have all three coming in my order tomorrow, and I just can't wait to use them!

Next up on our hop is Janey.  I am sure that she has great things to share!  Be sure to leave a little love for everyone as you hop around!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
~Nichole

  
Product List

5 comments:

  1. Nichole, I just love this! The tree rings paper is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the designs and textures on this card! Thanks, Nichole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors! Love the use of the hexagon embossing folder. Very handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great card.....now I want that DSP! Thanks a lot! LOL! Thanks for playing in our hop this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stamped letters are amazing with the woodgrain - you are clever!

    ReplyDelete