Tuesday, June 13, 2017

June International Highlights - Baby


Hello everyone! Welcome to the June International Stampin' Up! Blog Highlight, hosted by Kylie Bertucci.  Each month, demonstrators from around the world participate in this themed highlight.  This month our theme is Baby.  

I do not make a lot of baby cards, and don't even own any "baby" stamp sets.  At first, I was pretty panicked about what I was going to make in order to still participate in this month's event.  Then I was looking at a wood crate I made the other day and thought, hey - that is almost a baby crib!

Here is my card when it is closed:


I love the double-z fold cards.  But sometimes, I don't like the way mine look when they are folded flat for mailing.  So, I took extra care to be sure this card still looked great, even when flat.


But the real "WOW" comes when it is opened.  I used the Wood Crate Thinlit Dies, Wood Textures Designer Series Paper, and the Pretty Label Punch to make a crib.  I decorated my crib with a Delicate White Doily, and a Powder Pink blanket made from a scalloped circle that I separated the paper layers on.  The little tiny elephant is from the Tabs for Everything stamp set.  On the side of the crib, I used the heart from the Wood Words stamp set, in Berry Burst.  The heart was used again in Powder Pink on the greeting label.  The adorable little banner hanging above the crib features more Wood Textures Designer Series Paper, a sliver from a Delicate White Doily, and the tiny elephant in Berry Burst, on Powder Pink card stock.  The banner is hung with Whisper White Bakers Twine.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  If you like my project, please go vote for me in Kylie's International Highlights.  There is sure to be many more awesome baby cards to look at there.


Have a great day!
~Nichole





Product List

6 comments: