Wednesday, May 2, 2018

ICS Blog Hop - One Wild Ride




Welcome to the May Inspire, Create, & Share Blog Hop!  This month we are focusing on masculine cards.  Masculine cards tend to be a struggle for me, as I am naturally drawn to all things floral and frilly.  But, I was still super excited when Dawn Griffith shared this stamp set, her million dollar stamp set at an OnStage event last year.  My Father-In-Law is big into motorcycles and I will use this set to make him cards for many years to come.

Here is my card:


For my card, I started with a Smoky Slate card base.  I used the "road rash" stamp, and the tire tracks to make a back ground.  For my background, I used Smoky Slate, and Basic Gray inks.  I added a 4.5" x 3.25" Basic Black mat.  I used my scissors to rough up the edges of this piece. For my next layer, I cut a piece of Silver Foil paper that is 2.75" x 4".  I embossed this piece with the Dynamic Hexagons embossing folder, and then sponged a little bit of black ink on it.  Finally, my Whisper White layer was cut to 2.5" x 3.75".  I stamped the motorcycle in Basic Gray, and added the tire track detail in Smoky Slate.  I added my greeting in black.  I offset the Silver Foil, and the Whisper White layer, so that you can see more of the embossing on the silver.


Next up on our hop is Megan, I am sure she has something magical to share!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
~Nichole

12 comments:

  1. Awesome card Nichole, love the silver foil paper layer that adds a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is well thought out on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The foil sheets are fun to emboss. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Nichole! Especially the embossed foil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The silver looks perfect with this set and design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice background! Great guy card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is a really great guy card! I have and love this stamp set. Great use of the dsp adds good texture to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The silver embossing folder almost look like tire treads, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love your card. I love the hexagon folder with the silver foil!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is fabulous Nichole!

    ReplyDelete