Saturday, August 13, 2011

Hello Card

I made this card for a few different reasons.  First of all - I had this new Stampin' Up! hostess set that I just love, it is called Posy Punch. I love it so much because it is adorable, and coordinates with one of Stampin' Up!'s exclusive punches - the Fancy Flower Punch.   I also found a great sketch challenge over at Mojo Monday.  Be sure to check it out!  

I also found a great color challenge over at Inkspirations.  This week they have a fabulous color challenge posted.  I wasn't sure I could follow through with it - but I am so happy with what I came up with.


Now - we have made it to my card. :)  Even after I used the Houndstooth Embossing Folder, I thought my Very Vanilla background was a bit bland.  I used my color spirtzer (for the first time in years!) to add a little something to it.  I love how it turned out, kind of grungey.  I also used the spritzer on the Very Vanilla strip near the bottom.  To avoid the images in the strip popping too much, and clashing with the main punched image, I stamped them off once before stamping onto the strip.  I am the queen of sponging, I love to sponge everything.  So, after I had finished stamping and spritzing the Very Vanilla strip, I sponged the edges with Crumb Cake.  I also sponged the Marina Mist and Cajun Craze layers.  For the main image I stamped in Marina Mist, on Very Vanilla.  I sponged the edges twice, first with Crumb Cake, and then with Marina Mist.  Hope you like it!



Items Used:
Posy Punch Stamp Set
Crumb Cake Cardstock
Very Vanilla Cardstock
Marina Mist Cardstock
Cajun Craze Cardstock
Crumb Cake Classic Ink / Marker
Marina Mist Classic Ink / Marker
Cajun Craze Classic Ink / Marker
Scallop Border Punch
Fancy Flower Punch
1" Circle Punch
Houndstooth Embossing Folder
Marina Mist Grosgrain Ribbon
Stampin' Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful double challenge card. Great EF in the BG and love the focal flower. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirations this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fabulous! love the hounds-tooth embossing folder and the double layered flower! thanks for playing with us at Inkspirations :)

    ReplyDelete