Thursday, August 18, 2011

JUGS 97 Stocking Stuffer & Blog Candy Winner!

I am sorry that I haven't gotten to posting the blog candy winner yet - this week has just kinda gotten away from me.  I am not a morning person - at all, but have started walking with my neighbor at 5am.  I am also trying to get ready for a yard sale we are having this weekend, that combined with two surprise visits from family this week, means I am behind in everything.  Check out the winner at the end of this post.  :)

Today I am going to share with you a fun challenge I found over at Just Us Girls.  The challenge was to alter any notebook.  That's it, no sketches, any colors, use anything you want.  I immediately thought stocking stuffers!


My six year old, Kassidy loves notebooks.  She is always making lists, and loves to carry around notebooks, everywhere.  I had a bunch of notebooks I had gotten on clearance a while back, and decided to use one of those.  The inside cover has a black/white zebra print.  I thought, this is perfect!  The colors were picked out for me!  I also wanted to include a pink (again, she is a six year old girl...), and decided on Melon Mambo.  I love the way it pops with the black and white.  I wanted to put her name on it, but the letters I wanted to use were too big for her whole name, so I just used her nickname.  At home, we always call her Kass. I made parts of the butterflies sparkle by using a sparkle pen I have.  I love glitter - but didn't have the time or energy for it today.  Now, onto the project.






So, let's talk about the blog candy winner.  I can't copy the random.org chart onto my blog, without it resetting - so I had my son, David pick a number between 1 and 23.  He picked lucky #13.  The thirteenth comment said:

"Nichole, love your poinsettias - I had not thought to make them this way but I will be making a bunch today! I do love all flowers, so thanx for the idea!! Love your ornaments too - how cute and I will be making a bunch of those too. Thanx for the plug .. lol. Hugs, Sassy"

Congrats Sassy Shirley!!  You are the winner of my blog candy.  You will receive a set of 8 ornaments like those featured in my blog hop post. (only yours will be done with current products.)  I will get them in the mail by the end of the weekend, hope you enjoy them!  Thank you to everyone who stopped in to take a peak and my punch projects last weekend, and for your kind comments.  I really appreciate them!


This is a picture of my cat Pumpkin.  She has been following me around all day, trying to get in the way of my photos.. and then when I do take her picture, she looks irritated.  LOL!  Cats!

Have a great day everyone!!



4 comments:

  1. Fabulous altered notebook! Love the color! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin is way too cute. I miss my girls so much. I had Grace and Princess that were sisters. They were the best. Roscoe is wonderful but I just don't want the 125-135 pounds of him sitting on my lap so I can pet him and he also doesn't purr.

    Carey and Roscoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your altered notebook. The colors are great, don't you just love Melon Mambo, I bet Kassidy will love using it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely notepad. I used to play with them all the time, but haven't done any for a while. You have inspired me to get back into this. After all, everyone writes things down at last once in a while (unless you are like me and a crazy list maker)

    ReplyDelete