Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Fall Blog Hop

Thanks for joining me for the Fall Blog Hop!  If you are coming here from Olivia's blog - thanks for continuing the hop!  If you are starting here, don't worry, you can click around through all of the participating blogs by using the "Next" button on the bottom of this post.



This month our hop is all about Fall, and Thanksgiving.  I love this time of year!  Everything is so colorful, and beautiful.  I love the cooler weather, and the chance to pull out my favorite sweaters and boots.  What is your favorite thing about this time of year?  For the blog hop this month, I have four different projects to share with you.  I have two cards, a treat holder, and a mini album.  I hope you enjoy them!


For this first card, I used the Wonderfall stamp set to create my own background paper.  The colors I used were inspired from my color coach.  These colors include Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Pumpkin Pie, and a little Soft Suede.  The greeting is from the Harvest Of Thanks stamp set.


This card is a bit simpler.  It showcases the Harvest of Thanks stamp set.  I love this set!  (& I love it even more because I earned it for free at convention!)  Are you wondering where my skinny burlap ribbon came from?  Well, it is the same 1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon offered in our Holiday Catalog.  I just cut it into thirds.


This little treat bag was so easy to make!  I just took a quarter sheet of cardstock, and scored it at 1 inch on the short sides, and 2 inches on the long sides.  For the handle, I cut the burlap ribbon in half, to make  a skinnier piece.  The leaf and the acorn are from the Autumn Accents die.  I embossed the leaf with the Pretty Print Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  I cut out the bottom of the acorn with the Baked Brown Sugar DSP from the Paper Stacks.  The top is cut with the Champagne Glimmer Paper.



This is the cover for my Thankful for Family mini album.  This idea was shown on stage at convention, when Sara Douglas made a very similar album.  Just about everything needed to make this album is included in the Thankful Tablescape Simply Created Kit.  This kit was designed to give you an easy coordinated way to decorate your Thanksgiving table.  While I am sure that would look lovely, mini albums are a little more my style.  I knew right away that I wanted to make that album!  Even the chipboard for the covers comes from the kit!  The only thing I added to this album is a few sheets of cardstock.  I made my pages double pockets, and needed inserts for the back pockets, that is where most of the cardstock comes in.

Here are a couple pictures of the inside pages.

This is the front pocket of one of my pages.  The black rectangle on the bottom left is for holding a wallet sized photo.  I had planned on having one there, but they haven't come back yet.  Sorry!


This is one of the back pockets.  The intention of the double pocket is so that hopefully, my family members will write what they are thankful for on the sheet in the front pocket; and in the back pocket, we can all write why we are thankful for that person.

Well, that is all I have to share for today.  I hope you've enjoyed my projects!  Please continue on in the blog hop, and visit the other ladies too!  I know they will all have great projects to help inspire you this fall!  Pearl is up next! Thanks for stopping by!


Here is a list of all the blog hop participants. 

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS:
1. Stampin’ Grandma (Sherry) http://stampingrandma.blogspot.com/

2. The Flying Stamper (Deb) http://flyingstamper.blogspot.com/

3. Olivia Loves to Stamp (Olivia) http://oliviastamps.blogspot.com/

4. Scrappy Stamps and Ink (Nichole) www.scrappystampsandink.blogspot.com - You are here!

5. Stamping with Pearl (Pearl) www.stampingwithpearl.blogspot.com

6. Scrapper Frog’s (Cindy) http://scrapperfrogcindy.blogspot.com/

7. Crafty Tam (Tammy) www.tamsdigiworld.blogspot.com/

8. Too Cool Stamping (Angie) http://www.toocoolstamping.com/

9. Stamping Creations with Rachelle (Rachelle) http://www.stampinwithrachelle.blogspot.com/

10. Simple & Creative Corner (Tina) http://thesimpleandcreativecorner.blogspot.com/

11. Stampin with Darla and Sisters (Darla) http://stampinwithdarlaandsisters.blogspot.com/





12 comments:

  1. I love the color combination on your Wonderfall card! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the projects. The mini album is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea making a mini album. I like the idea for a Thanksgiving gift for my family members to share as we sit around the dinner table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicole,
    I love your fall projects~so pretty and some great inspirations for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nicole,
    I love your fall projects~so pretty and some great inspirations for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous projects! I love the background paper you created with the "Wonderfall" set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved you projects, I like how the first card is fall theme but with different colors. Thanks for sharing.

    God bless
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your collage background stamp. The album looks like such fun. Thanks for sharing Nichole.

    ReplyDelete