Saturday, October 30, 2010

Cristena's Shoebox Swap

Last night I went to a shoebox swap at my friend Cristena's house.  I was pretty excited about going - but the day was crazy, and nothing seemed to be going right.  I actually decided not to go, twice.  But, I went anyway.  I showed up 45 minutes or an hour late.  My halloween snacks had failed - so the only thing I brought for the potluck was store bought iced sugar cookies.  (Turned out ok, they call those cookies "crack cookies" at her house.)  I didn't get many of the projects done, but I had so much fun hanging out with some friends!  They totally turned my night around.  I won an adorable door prize, won a free trip to Cristena's November stamp camp - and the projects I did finish were adorable!

This was my project.  I usually do not do halloween themed things.  My kids dress up, and trick or treat - but we don't decorate.  I don't usually do halloween craft.  This was a bit challenging for me, but I love how this turned out!  You can see what I used to make this batty milk carton at the end of this post.

These are the three projects I was able to finish.  The frankenstein card is just hilarious.  I have no imagination for turning punches/dies into things - so I love it when I see other people do it!  The middle project you might recognize from my post a few days ago.  I received a fry box, almost exactly like this as a roommate gift.  Deb was able to come to the shoebox swap, and this was her project.  How fun to be able to make my own fry box!!  The last project here is Cristena's card.  I love all the patterned paper and dimensionals used on this  - they really make everything pop!

Here is what I used on my project:
Wicked Cool Stamp Set (clear) 120600 $14.95
Basic Black Carstock 121045 $6.95 (24 sheets) 
Tangerine Tango Cardstock 111349 $6.95 (24 sheets)
Whisper White Carstock 100730 $8.50 (40 sheets) 
Basic Black Classic Ink 101179 $5.95
Tangerine Tango Stampin' Write Marker 120974 $3.50
Basic Black 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon 109027 $4.95
Chunky Essentials Stampin' Glitter (Black) 108797 $15.95
Stampin' Dimensionals 104430 $3.95
2" x 1 3/8" Oval Extra Large Punch 119859 $16.95
Mini Milk Carton Bigz L Die 117310 $32.95
Spider Web Textured Impressions Embossing Folder 120889 $7.95

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment