Sunday, September 1, 2013

Fright Night Blog Hop


My friend Sherry has organized this fun Fright Night Blog Hop.  You'll see lots of fun Halloween ideas.  If you are starting here, you can click on the image above to start at Sherry's blog, or just continue on from here.  

If you are coming here from Olivia Loves to Stamp, welcome!  I love all of Olivia's cute projects, don't you?

I have to admit, I stressed a bit about this hop.  I don't usually do much for Halloween, and don't own many Halloween themed crafting supplies.  Thankfully, I was rescued by all the free goodies we received at convention!!  I have two cards, and a little treat holder for you today.  I hope you like them!


This first card was a lot of fun.  I love that the Witches Brew Washi Tape isn't straight.  I also added in one strip of the Basic Grey striped Washi Tape from the Epic Day Washi Tape set.  The greeting is from the Seasonal Sayings sets.


This fun little treat bag uses the Tag a Bag Gift Bags.  I did a little cutting, folding, and gluing to turn the flat bag into a lunch sack style bag.  My pumpkin was made with the Large Oval Punch.  I used Whisper White cardstock covered in washi tape.  I then dragged my sponge over the top with Pumpkin Pie ink.


Similarly to the gift bag, I used Whisper White cardstock covered in Witches Brew washi tape for the background of this card.  For the greeting of the the card, I knew what I wanted to do - but didn't have the right supplies.  I wanted to do something like I had seen Barb Mulikin do on her Control Freaks Blog Hop card.  But, I haven't ordered the new glitter yet.  So, I decided to do the next best thing.  I stamped the greeting with Black Staz-On ink onto a window sheet, and used the Label Bracket Punch to punch it out.  Then I used the punch to punch a second label out of our Silver Glimmer Paper.  I used Crystal Effects behind the letters and the spider bellies to attach the window sheet to the glimmer paper.

Well, that is all I have for today.  Thanks so much for taking the time to check out my projects!  I hope you enjoyed them!  

To continue on the hop - you'll be heading on over to Stamping with Pearl, where I know you'll be wow'd with more fun projects!

       


5 comments:

  1. Great projects. Thanks for sharing the technique of using the glitter paper with the window sheets. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For not having Halloween sets, I'd say you did a fantastic job using what you have. My favorite is the last card - the pattern is so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great ideas! Love the top note! Thanks for playing in our first blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nichole - I love all your cards and gifties. Am so glad you have joined our blog hop. And we were successful on our first try. Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Idea's Nicole,
    I love how you used the Washi Tape.
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete