Thursday, July 14, 2011

Baby Announcements, the first of many.

Ok, I suppose that title could be a bit deceiving.... no we are not having a baby.  While we both love children, we are done having kids, and this announcement post isn't to cause anyone to think otherwise.

Now, moving on - between Hans and I, we have 3 sisters, and 3 brothers.  Of those six siblings, 4 of them are expecting babies, three of them due in August this year.  That, is a lot of babies!  So, just know - you will probably see a lot of baby stuff on here for the next few months or so.

My beautiful sister - Christie.  With her first son Enrique, then not quite 2.  11/07

Today, I am going to share with you the baby announcements that I am making for my sister Christie.  She is expecting her second child, a boy, in the first half of August.  Now, unfortunately she lives all the way in Lincoln, Nebraska, so chances are, I won't be seeing this baby anytime soon.  (But there are rumors going around, plans trying to be made, to have her up here for one of the winter holidays!  Keep your fingers crossed for me!)  A few weeks ago, she sent me a text message picture of her crib bedding.  It is adorable!  It is bashful blue, certainly celery, not quite navy, wild wasabi, very vanilla and peach parfait.  (It is obvious that I live in a Stampin' Up! bubble, isn't it?  LOL)  It has frogs, snails, and turtles on it.  I wanted her announcements to coordinate with the theme of my new {and still nameless} nephew's room.  So, I was so excited to pull out one of my favorite sets of all time - Unfrogettable.  I know the set has retired, but I still love it - and it was perfect for what I needed.  Here is what I came up with:


I didn't think to take a picture of the inside - so maybe I'll do that and add it later.  But on the top of the inside is four of those clear photo corners, so she can insert a picture of the baby.  On the bottom I used the stamp from Bundle of Joy so there would be a place for her to put in all the important information (NAME!!) like time of birth, weight, and length.  This was my first real attempt at masking.  I have known how to do the technique for quite some time, just never used it.  I loved doing it on this card, with my brayer for the background.  I also have to say - I am in love with that pennant punch!  It is one of many new and fabulous items in the 2011/12 SU IBC.  

Please - be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you think!  

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the other ones! :) These turned out fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete