Monday, February 3, 2014

Go Hawks!!

Hello everyone!  Did any of you watch the big game on sunday?  We did!  Our whole region had been pumped all week, just waiting to watch our Seahawks win the Super Bowl!

Early in the week, full excitement set in and I carved a whole set of Seahawk themed stamps using the new Undefined kit.  I stayed up a little too late doing it, but it was so much fun!  (& much easier than you'd think!)  I used it to make this simple, fun card.


The kit comes with a good sized piece of rubber, a matching sized piece of foam, four wood blocks, two carving tools, and an Island Indigo marker.  For my set, I made of course started with the Seahawks logo.  One of my favorite Seahawks is Richard Sherman - so of course, I needed a  Legion of Boom (LOB) stamp.  I also knew that a 12 would be necessary, as would the #GOHAWKS! hashtag.  To finish up my set, I carved a simple football.  Then - ta da - I had the set I wanted!  



I took the stamp with me to church on Sunday.  I knew my entire 1st/2nd grade Sunday School class were all 12's - and that they would love the stamps.  After getting through our lesson, I stamped each of their hands so they'd be ready for the game.  They were so excited!  


Supply List:
Undefined Kit 
Midnight Muse Cardstock
Gumball Green Core'dinations Cardstock
Smoky Slate Cardstock
Midnight Muse 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon
3/16" Corner Rounder Punch
Gumball Green Ink
Midnight Muse Ink
Smoky Slate Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment