Friday, November 19, 2010

Christmas Shimmer

I have missed my blog for the last couple days.  I have missed getting to know you.   Something smacked me, right in the face two days ago - I'm sure this won't be a surprise to you - but it was to me!  Did you know that thanksgiving is next week?!  As in, less than 7 days next week.  We have a bunch of people coming over - expecting a huge meal, that I am going to cook - in less than 7 days.  Ok, so I know that Thanksgiving comes every year, at the end of November - but geez!  I didn't realize we were at the end of November already!!  So, I have been researching recipes, doing test runs, and planning seating arrangements for the past couple days.  (Don't tell anyone - but my fall decorations weren't even up until yesterday!)  But, I think I am doing ok now, menu is done, seating is done, decorations are mostly done.  Now, I just need to do some cleaning - and we will be all set.  Do you host Thanksgiving dinner at your house?  If so, how early do you start cooking?

Ok - onto the important stuff!!  The card!  I made this card for a sketch challenge over at CPS - Card Sketches.  The one thing I love most about challenges is that they stretch you to do things that maybe you wouldn't normally do, something just a little bit out of your comfort zone.  That is what happened with this sketch.  I don't usually do very many square cards.  And for some reason, when I do make a square card, I usually make all of the other layers square too.

The sketch:

My card:

My favorite part is the shimmer painted dots on the christmas tree, and the shimmer paint on the background.

What do you think?

Here's what I used:
Snow Swirled Stamp Set
Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set
Early Espresso Classic Ink
Cherry Cobbler Cardtsock
Early Espresso Cardstock
Crumb Cake Cardstock
Very Vanilla Cardstock
Deck the Halls DSP
Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint
Stampin' Sponge
Aquapainter
Stampin' Dimensionals
Early Espresso 5/8" Satin Ribbon
Scallop Oval Punch
Modern Label Punch
1 3/4" x 7/8" Oval Punch
Scallop Circle Bigz Die
Petals-a-Plenty Textured Impressions Embossing Folder



3 comments:

  1. Sooooo very pretty!! Love all the texture you created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!
    We're heading to my BIL's house so they'll be three of us cooking. We keep things pretty low key and focus on the food so it should be fun! Hope your meal planning goes well & Happy Turkey Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty!! I love the stamped tree with the scalloped borders! Great job with CPS 193! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete