Thursday, October 12, 2017

12 Weeks of Christmas #11

Hello everyone!  It is Thursday, and that means another #12weeksofchristmas post.  It is hard to believe it, but there are just 11 weeks left.  Today, I'm sharing a card, and an ornament I made using the Year of Cheer product suite in the Holiday Catalog.  This fun product suite features all things metallic.   Today, I have made a card, and a coordinating Christmas ornament.

Here are my projects:

I really love how the projects look together.


Here is a close up of the card.

The card is very simple.  I started with a Basic Black card base.  I added a piece of Year of Cheer Specialty Designer Series Paper.  This paper is amazing.  You get 3 pieces each, of four different designs and they all have great foiled metallic designs.  For my next card layer, I cut a strip of Basic Black card stock, and made a banner using the Triple Banner Punch.  I then added a Foil Snowflake.  These snowflakes are one of my favorite accessories.  You get 24 in a package (12 gold, and 12 silver).  The back of the snowflakes are white, so you can make any color you want.  My greeting on the card comes from the Cheers to the Year stamp set.  I stamped my greeting in Basic Black Archival Ink onto Gold Foil paper.  I cut the greeting out using the Layering Circle Framelits dies.  I used the same dies to cut a mat for the greeting, in Basic Black.


Here is my ornament.

The snowflakes have two different kinds of tips.  One kind of looks like a heart.  To give my ornament some dimension, I folded all of the heart tips into mountains.  I then folded the other tips into valleys, giving my snowflake an accordian fold.  I set that snowflake aside.  For my hanger, I glued two ends of a piece of Gold 1/8" Ribbon to a Basic Black cardstock circle.  Then I glued a second snowflake onto a Basic Black cardstock circle.  I then was able to glue my folded snowflake on top, gluing down only the center so that the folded edges still stand up.  For the center I used the Layering Circle Framelit Dies to cut out a Gold Foil circle, and a Basic Black Mat.  I used a snowflake from the Cheers to Year stamp set, with Basic Black Archival ink on the Gold Foil Paper.  The circles are attached to the snowflake with a Stampin' Dimensional.  I topped it off with a Metal Rimmed Pearl.


In this side view, you can see the flat snowflake, under the folded one.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
~Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment