Sunday, October 1, 2017

Cat in the Window

Hey everyone!  Welcome to October.  I am always in amazement of how fast the year seems to fly by; and this turning of another calendar page is no exception.

Today I am sharing a different way to use the fun cat punch featured in the holiday catalog.


 I wanted my card to look like the outside of a house, with a peek into the window.  For the outside of my house, I started with Whisper White cardstock, and embossed it with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder.  Before running the folder through the big shot, I added some Sahara Sand ink, so I could get the two toned effect.  I cut out a whisper white window, and went to work deciding what I wanted the inside of my house to look like.  I used the Pretty Label punch, and Dapper Denim cardstock to make my curtains.  I used a scrap of Wood Textures to make a faux table.  On top of my table, I stamped the flower pot from the Sitting Here stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink  , and colored it in using the 2016-2018 In Color Markers.  I punched out my kitty cat, using Smoky Slate cardstock, and moved his head so that he was laying down in the window.  My greeting is also from the Sitting Here stamp set, stamped in Basic Black on a thin strip of Smoky Slate cardstock.

That is all I have to share for today. I hope you are having a great weekend!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
~Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment