Wednesday, October 4, 2017

ICS Blog Hop: Ribbon of Courage


As most of you know, October is Breast Cancer awareness month.  Cancer is something that touches everyone in one way, or another.  If you are one of the lucky ones who hasn't heard those awful words - then you probably know someone who has.  This is why for the last four years or so my family and I have been so involved with Relay for Life, a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society.  This month, our blog hop theme is Colors of Courage, showing support and encouragement for those who have or are dealing with this awful disease.  

The American Cancer Society is the nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer through research, education, advocacy, and service.  While most people know of them for being the one of the biggest financers of research, they do so much more. They attack cancer from every angle. They promote healthy lifestyles to help you prevent cancer. They research cancer and its causes to find more answers and better treatments. They fight for lifesaving policy changes. They provide everything from emotional support to the latest cancer information for those who have been touched by cancer. And they do it all 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  You can find more information, or get involved at cancer.org

Here is a sheet of the different some of the ribbon colors that deal with cancer.
Here is my card:


I started with a Bermuda Bay card base.  Bermuda Bay is a fabulous teal, and I knew I wanted my card to support someone with cervical cancer.  My Whisper White layer is embossed using the Garden Trellis folder.  Under my letters, there are two strips of 3/8" Mini Chevron Ribbon, in Bermuda Bay.  The "O" in the word hope was made from Ribbon of Courage stamp set, and coordinating Support Ribbon framelits.  I used a post it note to mask one of the ribbon tails, and then inked the stamp in Bermuda Bay.  After it was inked, I removed the post it note, and stamped onto Whisper White cardstock.  Because I had masked one ribbon tale, it did not stamp.  This gave me the needed teal and white ribbon for cervical cancer support.  The letters come from the Letters for You stamp set, and were also stamped in Bermuda Bay, onto Whisper White.  They were then cut out with the Large Letters framelits.  The letters, and ribbon were adhered to the card using Foam Adhesive Strips.  My greeting is from the Ribbon of Courage stamp set.  It was stamped in Bermuda Bay, onto Whisper White.  I used my Paper Snips and cut as close as I could to the words, and then cut the greeting apart so it would fit under my main focus.  Those pieces were glued on with Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue.

Thank you for hopping with us this month!  Next up on the hop is my good friend, Cheryl Hamilton.


Thanks for stopping by!
~Nichole

14 comments:

  1. Good Information and pretty card! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great info and I love the card A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your creative use of the stamp set! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to use the ribbon in your word. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice and clean design, I love the ornate but simple elements!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool use of the ribbon!! Perfect card for our theme!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! I like how you cute out and apart the small sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great design! Love the color you used to get the teal! Thanks for the important info on this important topic that affects us all so much in one way or other!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative card! Thanks for all the important information!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great masking technique and very creative! Thank you for passing along that great information!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great design! Love the embossing, ribbon, and word all together!

    ReplyDelete