Tuesday, October 17, 2017

International Blog Highlights: Life Changes

Hello there everyone!  Today, I am participating in Kylie Bertucci's International Blog Highlights.  


This month, our theme is Life Changes.  (New home, new job, sympathy, wedding, new baby)   I chose to share a baby card.  I have been really into the fun fold cards lately.   So, I have a baby dresser card to share.


Here is my card: 


I had so much fun making this dresser card.  I found an easy template on Pinterest, made by Mudmaven Designs.  You can see the template below.


I used images from many different sets to make my card.  I realized, after I was set on what I was going to make that I do not have any sets that are tradtional "baby" sets.  So, I found images in sets I had that would work for babies, and made it work.  The elephant, bib, and the stars are all from the Tabs for Everything stamp set.  The congratulations comes from the Better Together stamp set; while the "I'm so happy for you" comes from Sunshine Wishes.  To make the bib, I stamped the scalloped circle from Tabs for Everything in Pear Pizzazz on Whisper White.  I used my snips to cut it out, close to the image.  Then, I used the 1/2" circle punch to punch a little piece from the top, for the bib shape.  The "love" and the heart on the bib also come from Tabs for everything.  The baby blanket in the top drawer is super simple.  I used some Marina Mist cardstock, and cut out the smallest scalloped circle from the Layering Circle Framelit Dies.  I used my bone folder many times on the circle to break up the fibers of the cardstock.  Then, I peeled apart the two layers, so my blanket would look soft.

I hope you have enjoyed my project!  Please go vote for me on Kylie's post.  The top ten demonstrators in the highlights get to participate in a fun blog hop in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for voting!  Thanks for stopping by!  
~Nichole

Product List

3 comments:

  1. Wow - your card and post are a beautiful lesson in creativity and thinking outside the square! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute with the drawers & all the details xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Nicole, First of all Thank you for sharing the pattern with us, this is so good of you to do that.
    I adore this style of card, I always have a little giggle when I see the drawers and see the clothes hanging off it, just gives the card a mischief look about it, which makes it look extra cute.
    I can see it would be very easy to make this for either a girl or a boy, or in other colours too if you don't want to have a card that is not Pink or Blue.
    Your card is super cute, and another fun fold card working out of the square. So very inspiring.
    Cheers from Australia xxx

    ReplyDelete